Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ink-Sane Sunday #3 Diamine Autumn Oak

I got into fountain pens last September. My first purchase was a 4.5 oz bottle of Noodler's X-Feather when a free Preppy included. I loved them both, but after about 3 weeks I lost my Preppy, and still have yet to find it to this day, so I knew I needed an upgrade. I figured a Pilot Metropolitan would do, it seemed like it gave the most "bang for your buck." I was also a little tired of using the same black ink every day, and since Fall was just kicking off and I was in the Autumn state of mind, I bought Diamine Autumn Oak. Here are my thoughts on that same ink in the same pen almost 5 months later.

I very rarely ever grab for this color, as my ink collection has grown I just not longer find myself using the ink. I find that it is a pretty slow drier, yet the ink has a pretty dry flow (trust me I don't understand it either). It has a pretty color, but I find that the "normal" part of the writing (not the super shaded darker section) is far too peach colored for my everyday use. All other attributes are seemingly what you would expect from this sort of ink. If I had to do it over I would most likely have gotten Apache Sunset or some other super shading orange ink, but this one will hold a special place in my heart as the first non-black bottle I ever bought.















No comments:

Post a Comment